Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
- All guests will be required to be fully inoculated with a COVID-19 vaccine (both doses if recommended by manufacturer) at least 14 days prior to boarding any Crystal ship.
- Verified documentation of vaccination and negative COVID-19 test will be required at the time of boarding and failure to provide this documentation will result in denial of boarding.
- Guests will be required to sign a form acknowledging these requirements before cruise tickets will be issued.
Enhanced Screening Protocols
- Guests will check in online and complete a health questionnaire
- Guests who show signs of illness will be seen by the medical staff and may be denied boarding
- Additional measures and precautions may be required depending on ports of embarkation/disembarkation
- Guests will undergo temperature checks before entering the terminal
- A second temperature check will be done at the ship gangway via contact-free fever screening systems
- Crew to be tested for COVID-19 prior to boarding
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Luggage will be disinfected before it is brought aboard
Online check-in and staggered embarkation
- Guests will receive an assigned arrival time to minimize congestion
- Guests will complete a second health questionnaire at the terminal
Increased Sanitation Measures
- Enhanced cleaning protocols will ensure guest suites meet the highest standards of disinfection.
- In highly frequented shared spaces, Crystal Clean+ procedures will include augmented cleaning and other measures.
- Frequent disinfection with medical-grade products listed on the EPA List N, and approved for use against COVID-19, norovirus and other infectious diseases
- Frequent disinfection of all guest accommodations utilizing medical-grade disinfectants
- Onboard social spaces disinfected with increased frequency including all public bathrooms, corridors, stairwells and elevators, restaurants, bars, lounges, entertainment and enrichment venues, retail spaces, fitness center and spa
- Touchpoints such as handrails, elevator buttons, table-tops, door handles, etc., disinfected with increased frequency during peak hours
- All dedicated children’s and teens’ facilities disinfected frequently
- All recreational equipment disinfected with increased frequency
- Public areas will be deep cleaned and meticulously disinfected with medical-grade disinfectants during overnight hours
- Electrostatic foggers will be used as an additional tool for disinfection
- Additional hand sanitizing stations using alcohol-based sanitizer will be placed strategically throughout the ship
- Crystal ships are designed with a 100% fresh air supply to all staterooms and main public spaces. There is no air recirculation built into the design.
- All air filters and cooling coils are frequently thoroughly checked and maintained to ensure the highest standard of air quality possible
- Guest accommodations and corridors set aside for isolation in the event of illness feature ventilation systems with separate ducting and air supply
- The Crystal dining experience will be carefully presented to eliminate person-to-person contact while maintaining the delicious and elegant experiences guests enjoy.
- Open Seating Dining will continue with social distancing considerations
- Guest seating will ensure ample spacing
- Disposable cutlery will be provided, upon request
- In-room dining choices will be available 24/7
- Contact-free dining service will be implemented in all onboard venues
- Self-service options will be eliminated in the Marketplace, Bistro and other venues
- All restaurants, bars and galleys will be disinfected with increased frequency
- Increased hand washing and use of hand sanitizing stations will be required
- Stringent procurement guidelines will be enforced
- Crew will undergo frequent temperature checks and regular health monitoring
- Crew will wear face shields, masks and other necessary PPE when interacting with guests
- Crew transfer between ships will be minimized
- Crew are prohibited from personal contact with guests such as handshaking and hugging
Responsible Social Distancing
- Crystal ships are designed to offer nearly double the space per guest of similar-sized ships. New protocols will expand this social spaciousness even further.
- Reduced capacity when ships resume service
- Reduced capacity in restaurants, entertainment, fitness center, pool deck, casino, retail spaces, bars and lounges
- Social distancing of at least six feet of those outside of one’s travel party will be required
- Reduced capacity in elevators
- Crystal will require masks when its ships resume service. This policy will be nimble and will be reassessed as appropriate.
- Crystal will provide masks to its guests and crew
- Masks will be required in venues and instances where proper distancing is not possible, including restaurants before being seated, show lounges, casino, fitness center, elevators, ship tenders, shoreside terminals and tour dispatch areas
Enhanced Medical Resources
- Crystal’s onboard Medical Centers and professionals are at guests’ service 24/7.
- The medical team comprises a doctor and three nurses aboard each ship, available around the clock
- Crystal’s Medical Centers are well equipped with ventilators, virus testing equipment, X-Ray machines, extensive first aid tools and common prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Medical Centers will be equipped to perform Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Point of Care testing
- Isolated wards are available in the Medical Center
Public Health Officer
- This dedicated officer supports Crystal Clean+ protocols and onboard medical teams.
- The Public Health Officer is trained in the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program
- Oversees outbreak mitigation and cleaning protocols
- Closely coordinates with medical teams
- Ensures that daily cleaning protocols are in accordance with CDC guidelines
Enhanced Health & Safety Trainings and Continued Education for Crew Members
- Crew are trained on health and safety measures
Extended Ship to Shore Safety
- Crystal is working closely with all shoreside partners to ensure that Crystal Clean+ protocols extend to guests’ experience ashore.
- Tour coaches and tenders will be disinfected to meet Crystal Clean+ standards
- Excursion group sizes will be reduced to help allow for proper social distancing
- Crystal will monitor port regulations and adjust requirements and schedules as needed to maintain guests’ health and wellbeing. This will include complying with all destination health authorities, which may require masks ashore
- Crystal strongly recommends that guests who choose to book tours independently consider that these operators may fall short of the disinfection standards that Crystal requires of their partners
- Crystal will partner with local destinations and tour operators to ensure our industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience
- Crystal will only visit safe, open ports of call; this may cause changes to the itinerary
- Crystal will keep guests up to date with the latest confirmed itinerary changes
- Additional health screenings may be required by local health officials before disembarkation in certain ports