|Requirements prior to sailing|
|COVID Testing||Prior to boarding||All Guests|
Experts Recommend Heightened Protocols for the Healthy Return of Sailing
Oceania Cruises is working with a team of cross-disciplinary experts enlisted to guide the cruise industry’s way forward in response to COVID-19. The Panel’s recommendations will be used to inform our own robust set of new and enhanced health and safety protocols, which we look forward to sharing in the near future.
Safety for Our Ships
Our concern for your health and well-being begins well before your journey starts and continues each and every day aboard our ships, which feature stringent health and sanitation protocols.
- Continuous Ship-Wide Disinfection & Daily Fogging of All Suites, Staterooms & Public Spaces - Our 24/7 prevention schedule will feature continuous disinfection of public areas and high-traffic touch points as well as daily fogging of all staterooms and suites, public spaces, and guest corridors. The fogging process utilizes a hospital-grade oxidant that is natural, safe, and non-toxic. Guest staterooms and suites will receive intensive microbial disinfection daily, which includes fogging of the entire space inclusive of bathrooms and closets.
- Upgraded Medical-Grade Air Filters - Strategic installation of medical-grade air filters to provide cleaner air for our guests. The upgraded H13 HEPA air filters are capable of removing 99.9% of airborne pathogens and are fine enough to catch particles of COVID-19.
- H13 HEPA is one of the highest grades of particulate air filter, capable of removing 99.9% of all particulates 0.1 microns or larger.
- Dedicated Public Health Officer - Each ship will have a dedicated Public Health Officer on board, responsible for the oversight of all outbreak prevention initiatives. Additionally, they will monitor the day-to-day sanitation and cleanliness of all public areas and accommodations, maintaining compliance with the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program. They will work hand in hand with the ship’s medical team on board as well as the corporate Public Health and Medical departments shore-side.
- Changing Itineraries - We constantly monitor the global health map and cancel or modify itineraries to impacted areas as needed. We may also prevent guests and crew who have recently traveled through high-risk locations from boarding.
Safety for Our Guests
We've engaged some of the world's most experienced medical experts to develop industry-leading protocols to keep you healthy and safe.
- Pre-Embarkation Health Screening - All guests will undergo pre-embarkation health screening.
- Socially Responsible Check-in - Once it is time to start your voyage, we’ve designed an enhanced, staggered embarkation and check-in process for proper social distancing that also includes a new state-of-the-art touchless temperature screening. Embarkation terminals will be sanitized continuously, and terminals will be thoroughly sanitized and, where possible, fogged before and after each embarkation and debarkation.
- No-Touch Food Service Ship-Wide - No-touch food and beverage service is being implemented across all ships with service staff stationed ship-wide, including Terrace Café, Horizons, Baristas, Waves Grill and all restaurants and lounges. Of course, all guests will be required to engage in frequent handwashing and hand sanitizer will be prominently placed and easily accessible throughout the ship.
- Increased Social Distancing Through Reduced Anxiety - To provide even more space for responsible social distancing, we have reduced shipboard guest capacity. Reduced seating in entertainment venues, smaller group sizes for shore excursions, culinary classes, and onboard activities, along with increased spacing in dining venues, provide for effective social distancing practices.
- Partners in Preventions - We’re partnering with our local destinations and tour operators to ensure our industry-leading health and sanitation protocols extend to the shoreside experience. Embarkation terminals, tour coaches, and the attractions we visit must have appropriate health and safety protocols in place.
Safety for Our Crew
We're keeping our crew healthy using the most advanced technologies and practices.
- The Highest Standards for Staff & Crew Health - A healthy staff and crew help protect our guests. Constant monitoring of staff and crew health includes testing of crew members, temperature checks multiple times per day as well as rigid sanitation and hygiene protocols.
- Enhanced Onboard Medical Teams & Health Services - We are expanding our medical teams to provide among the highest Medical Staff-to-Guest ratio on board each of our ships. Enhanced onboard medical centers are abundantly stocked with common prescription medications, remedies, and the latest virus-testing equipment as available. All medical centers will have the ability to perform FDA- and CDC-approved PCR Point of Care testing. Complimentary consultations and treatments are provided for respiratory illnesses and each ship is equipped with dedicated isolation accommodations should the unlikely need arise.