Disney Cruise Line employs rigorous sanitation standards and consistently receives among the highest possible scores on public health inspections. We also have a comprehensive plan that outlines protocols for managing illness and we closely follow the guidance of public health officials. Some of these procedures include:
- training for all of our Crew Members on how best to prevent the spread of illness on board
- a health questionnaire completed by all Guests and Crew Members before boarding the ship to screen for illness
- extensive cleaning and sanitation of common-area surfaces (e.g., handrails, doorknobs and elevator buttons) as well as of children’s facilities
- comprehensive cleaning of all staterooms twice a day, plus additional disinfection when necessary
- Health Centers on our ships staffed with experienced doctors and nurses and stocked with supplies and medications to treat a variety of illnesses.
Steps you can take to stay healthy while onboard.
- To help prevent the spread of illness, public health officials recommend washing your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, particularly after using the restroom and before eating.
- Parents are advised to supervise their children to ensure they wash their hands thoroughly.
- If at any time during the cruise you believe you are ill, we ask that you contact the ship’s Health Center immediately. This will ensure that you receive the appropriate medical treatment and help to limit the potential impact on others.
- For the most up-to-date information and a list of everyday preventive actions you can take to avoid the spread of germs, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.