Seabourn made the difficult decision to extend the voluntary pause of some of our global ship operations. Specific details are as follows:
- Seabourn Odyssey: paused its operations pause effective January 16, 2021 - November 5, 2021
- Seabourn Sojourn: paused its operations pause effective through May 23, 2021.
- Seabourn Quest: with its operations pause effective July 22, 2021 – November 6, 2021.
- Seabourn Encore: paused its operations pause effective through May 28, 2021.
- Seabourn Ovation: paused its operations pause effective through April 18, 2021
Seabourn is continuing to assess the timing to resume operations on Seabourn Odyssey in the Caribbean. As a courtesy to guests booked on December sailings aboard Seabourn Odyssey, final payment will now be due 60 days prior to departure.
As a result of the Canadian Transport Ministry's Interim Order that closed Canadian ports and waters to passenger vessels, the brand is cancelling its 2021 Alaska/British Columbia departures.
Guests Automatically Receive Future Cruise Credit
Guests with impacted cruises will automatically be cancelled, and all guests will receive a Future Cruise Credit as follows:
- Paid in Full: those guests paid in full will receive 125% Future Cruise Credit of the base cruise fare paid to Seabourn.
- Under Deposit: those guests with bookings under deposit will receive a Future Cruise Credit valued at 125% of the deposit amount paid.
- Refund: Guests can also request a full refund of the monies paid to Seabourn, which will be reimbursed to the original form of payment.
The Future Cruise Credit is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and may be used to book sailings departing through Dec. 31, 2022. The amount of non-cruise fare purchases may be transferred to a new booking to be used in any manner selected by the guest. Alternatively, guests may request a refund of the monies paid to Seabourn, which will be reimbursed to the original form of payment.